Download our buying guides and shop with confidence.
Since 1950, Boston Appliance has helped developers and families build, renovate and upgrade the finest homes in New England. As a 4th-generation family business, we know the industry inside and out.
Our experts have written these buying guides to answer questions that frequently come up in our showroom. They are designed as pocket references to save you time during the buying process – great for your smartphone or tablet.
Everything you need to know before you buy a new refrigerator.
- Sizing and installation instructions
- Pricing and feature breakdowns of different configurations (Top/Bottom-Freezer, Side-By-Side, French Door, Counter-Depth, Built-In/Integrated, Under-counter)
- Which manufacturers have the best service reputation
Everything you need to know before you buy a new microwave.
Here’s what the guide covers:
- Which features are useful — and which ones waste money
- Child-proof microwave features for families
- Is convection worth it? (Do you cook a lot?)
- How to get the best price for whichever unit you choose.
Everything you need to know before you buy a new dishwasher.
- Simple breakdown of configurations and wash cycles
- Why you should be leery of dishwasher noise ratings
- Unnecessary features that will inflate purchase price (don’t pay for what you won’t use!)